Note: Pre-registration closes September 7th at 12:00 p.m. Please pre-register so that we can personalize the walk for your angel baby(s). Registration will re-open again at 1:00 p.m. the day of the walk, Saturday, September 9th, 2017. Please be aware that while registration will re-open Saturday, we will be unable to provide personalization for any of these angel babies due to limited time constraints. If you would like personalization, please remember accept the waiver and continue!
Calgary Walk to Remember Waiver
I acknowledge that myself and my family, including my minor children, are aware that the Calgary Walk to Remember is a community event, that it is being held in a public venue and that the Calgary Walk to Remember committee and volunteers, the Calgary Health Trust, Food Trucks, Rosemont Community, and any other volunteers are NOT responsible for myself and my partners’ well-being, safety and liability, as well as my minor children’s well-being, safety and liability during the time of the walk. I/WE do not hold any of the above individuals, the organizations or any other participants responsible for any mishaps or mistakes that may take place during the Calgary Walk to Remember. This event is a public event, and may have animals/pets present. I acknowledge that the Calgary Walk to Remember and its affiliates are also not responsible for any allergies or bites that could result in being in a public area where pets are present. Images may be recorded through the afternoon for publication on our website and Facebook page, as well as for possible use by the Calgary Health Trust. Every effort will be made by our professional photographers to capture simple shots, at the same time, respecting the privacy of all attendees.
In consideration of the Rosemont Community Centre, the Calgary Health Trust, The Calgary Walk to Remember, The City Of Calgary Park Division, and the staff and volunteers of the above programs (hereinafter “The Event Organizers”) agreeing to allow me to participate in the 2017 Calgary Walk to Remember on September09, 2017, (the “Event”), I, for myself, my heirs, executors, administrators or assigns, or, in the case of a minor as his or her legal guardian:
- RELEASE the Event Organizers, its directors, officers, servants, employees, agents, agencies, affiliates, sponsoring companies or benefitting organizations from any claims, demands, damages, actions or causes of actions arising out of or in consequence of any loss, injury, death or damage to my person or property incurred while participating in the Event notwithstanding that any such loss, injury, death, or damage may have arisen by reason of the negligence of the Event Organizers, its servants, agents, or employees;
- Fully understand the risks and dangers of participating in the Event and accept these risks and dangers entirely at my own risk;
- Fully understand that my participation in the Event, or any component of the Event, is voluntary;
- Agree to indemnify the Event Organizers, its servants, agents or employees from any claims or demands, which might be made against the Event Organizers arising out of, or in consequence of, my participation in the Event;
- Represent that I am the full age of eighteen (18) years or older. If I am a minor, my legal guardian has signed this release on my behalf.
- I give full permission for the use of my name, photographs, electronic and video image to recognize my participation in and promote the Calgary Walk to Remember.
I AGREE TO ACCEPT ALL RISKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES RELATING TO MY ATTENDANCE AT AND PARTICIPATION IN THE EVENT.